September 2, 2009

Sample Sales, everything you could ever dream! well at least for me!

Let’s start with the most basic principle, the definition!


Sample Sale: used by retail businesses in order to discard excess merchandise. Associated with the fashion industry. These sales are an opportunity to get near perfect merchandise at a fraction of the price. [Wikipedia]


I’ve heard and read about sample sales for quite along time. Of course, not living in a major metropolis severely limits my opportunity to ever go to sample sale. Well, luckily some genius people decided to bring the format to the web!

My two favorites for clothes are
and


Gilt being my preferred site! While some pieces are still way out of my range, the discounts they offer on these pieces are amazing! $900 for a 3k dress!?! That’s a huge discount.

Gilt has recently launched a more modern, hip, and more affordable sister site: Gilt Fuse.

I’m in love with Gilt Fuse…they’ve had amazing sales on Juicy Couture, DKNY and more. They’re stuff usually rages from $20 up to $20


0. I don’t think I’ve seen anything over 200. I was super excited when it launched in late summer!



Now, beauty items are also available from “online sample

sales”. Just launched this week:

The Fairest, offering high end beauty like STILA,
Coola, Butter London, and Tarte at drastically reduced prices. I’m looking forward to see what this site offers too!

Welcome to the world of online sample sales!

Some of these sites are invitation only, if you would like to join, just let email me! *wink*wink* I’ve got the hookup!

Are you already a member of an online sample sales? What do you think of them?

All photos are from the respective sites as graphics, visit , www.gilt.com , www.ruelala.com, www.giltfuse.com, www.thefairest.com for more information!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like what I'm posting?