July 21, 2009

How has your style evolved over the years?

I was getting dressed for work yesterday, pulled out various outfits, making various combinations, ran out of time, threw one on, and walked out the door. Later, I caught my reflection in a window and was pleasantly shocked. I looked nice and pulled together with very minimum effort. This got me to thinking. My closet has become filled with such great pieces, some I never would have bought a few years ago.

Now, I'm only 23 so I still have very far to go in my "fashion" life, but I feel like I've come so far already. Just 2 years ago I was in the middle of college, wearing t-shirts and shorts to class, sometimes trying harder with a dress or cute top now and then. But even still, within the last year, I've put more timeless pieces in my wardrobe. Now when I purchase I don't think, "I'll wear this to this certain event." But think, "Ok, how many times am I going to wear this? Where exactly am I going to wear this?" My clothes are much more versatile than just for work, just for play,or just for night. The blouse I wore Saturday for lunch with a friend, I rewore on Monday for work. The sheer coral blouse worked with blue jean shorts AND dress black pants. It's just a change from how trendy all my clothes used to be and I love it. Now I mix and match the classics with trendy. And to me, these looks work so much better.

My style has evolved to a more classic, easy to wear, versatile and chic wardrobe. Hopefully, it will keep evolving into better and better pieces in the next few years.


What about you? How has your style evolved? Do you still have the same choices? Or do you mix it up your old stuff with your new?

Stay Tuned for more NO BUY JULY!
What is No Buy July? Click here to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I have a question I hope you can help me with... How did you get your facebook to show up on your sidebar. I can't seem to get it to work. Thank you and see you on Shine!

    ReplyDelete

Do you like what I'm posting?