December 29, 2008

Accessory Love: TIGHTS

I have countless accessory loves but right now one has captured my short attention span: tights.
TIGHTS
Ok, so I live in East Texas. Winter here does about a million different things. One day it will be 70 degrees the next 32 degrees. But the office I work in is ALWAYS cold. It’s an old building and my area is drafty. My solution: wear tights. Serves a great function to keep me warmer and serves a very charming statement to any outfit.

From textured to solid black/brown to bright colors, tights give a regularly worn outfit a fresh feel. I’ve found some great tights at the Icing by Claries. They were having a great sale of 2 pair for $15. I bought a bright pink pair and a black textured pair. They also had some great “sweater” type fabrics that were really delightful. I happen to love the look of BRIGHT-colored tights. I’ve rocked the Pink ones a couple of times, even to my office job. The key to bright tights is: keep everything else simple….I pair my pink ones with darker grays and blacks. That way I don’t look like I just stepped out of a neon circus. Forever21.com shows some great ways to pair bright tights with other clothes. Some of the outfits you have to pretty bold to wear. (Red/black plaid with neon blue—super cute, but I don’t have the guts yet.)

With textured tights, you can pair them with just about anything. They look super cute with sweater dresses. CAUTION: don’t put textured tights with skirts/shirts or dresses with a lot of print. Then you start to look like a hot mess. Remember, if you look in the mirror and think something looks a little off (with the outfit’s texture, color, etc. __NOT YOU OR YOUR BODY___) then you won’t feel comfortable or confident.

Tights are a great way to play with bold colors, patters, textures without breaking the bank. With a cute pair ranging from 4 to 10 dollars, its much easier to pick up a pair or two and completely change the look of certain outfits.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like what I'm posting?